5 Fashion Tips For Plus Size Women
1. Shop for plus size women’s clothing at high end stores and boutiques. Yes, you may end up paying more for clothing then your smaller size friends but it is well worth it. The reality is that plus size clothing needs to be ample in size, well made with a flattering cut, and usually in finer fabrics if you really want that wow factor. It is rare that you can find nice plus size clothing that will last in a big box store. You need to go to the experts.
2. Larger women’s clothing doesn’t have to look gaudy. Forget the leopard print blouses, they just draw more attention to your figure. Simple lines and neutral colors flatter pluz size women. Choosing classic clothing in browns, blacks, tans, and navy blues will provide an element of class and sophistication.
3. Don’t wear baggy plus size clothing. While you may not want to buy form fitting clothes that will accentuate your flaws you do not want to to look like you are wearing a potato sack either. That is no more attractive than super tight clothes! You want to find clothes that fit well, that gather in the right places, and that provide room to move. Finding a balance between loose and form fitting is the key. A blouse that hugs the bust and flows around the arms and waist is one such example.
4. Play up your assets. If you have an ample bosom then try an empire waist dress or top that highlights your bust. If you have an hour glass figure then choose an outfit with a belt or cummerbund. If you have large hips that you want to hide then choose clothing that hugs the waist and flows over the hips. Accentuate your assets and your flaws will automatically become less apparent.
5. When you stumble upon clothing that looks good on you, stick with it! If you bought a gorgeous blouse that is perfect for your full figure then buy a couple more in other colors. The same goes for pants and skirts. A plus size wardrobe can often consist mostly of the same basic elements if you accessorize well with different jewelry, handbags, hats, shoes, and belts.